When do you put the Christmas tree up? Is the week before Thanksgiving to early?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Nov. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well I don't put mine up til the first weekend of December, but only because its a live tree and i don't want it to die before Christmas. I think the week before Thanksgiving is fine.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:37 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• When ever time allows you to, if you think you have extra time now then do it.
    since I am laid off his year it is going up the week after thanksgiving
    karglynn

Answer by karglynn at 11:38 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• We usually buy ours right after Thanksgiving just make sure you keep watering it it will be just fine for Christmas, not to mention it gives your home a nice piney scent....aahh!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:47 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• I wouldn't think that is too early. Unless it is a live tree. If it is Live, make sure that it is freashly cut and VERY healthy. Also get some additives at your local nursery. They come in different brands and prices. They go in the water to keep the tree fresher longer. And check the water everyday. I always put mine up on Thanksgiving or Black Friday after I am done shopping. I may put it up early this year though. I haven't decided yet.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 11:48 PM on Nov. 10, 2009

• About a week before Xmas. It's usually up 4-8 days, except for one year it only made it two days.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:37 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• We typically put ours up the weekend after Thanksgiving, but may begin earlier because we bought a new tree this year and I'm excited about it. Also, this is my granddaughter's first Christmas and I want to make it special and magical for her (she lives with us). I want her to enjoy the childhood fun of Santa and the special meaning of what the day actually represents - the birth of our Christ.

A week before Thanksgiving? Not at all! I say go for it and enjoy!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:19 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• NOW! LOL my husband has been humming Christmas songs for months! Im hoping to get my stuff down this weekend and get it all together. My yard looks like the north pole when i get done! lol
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 8:12 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Right after Thanksgiving as a child. I am in my church's choir and we have been practicing for our Christmas Cantata since Labor Day when the choir season started back up again. I will probably be putting up our tree after Thanksgiving for my family.

SAndrews

Answer by SAndrews at 9:56 AM on Nov. 11, 2009