What would you do?

If your child has had a fever and at night ur child has been coughing alot then finally he stopped coughing and you go and check on ur child and they are sweaty and hot do you try to uncover them or do you leave them alone. I ask this bc it seems when I remove the covers they start coughing again. I just slighly move it but not alot I wish I can remove the cover completely but don't want them to start coughing and lose sleep. What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Sweating can be a sign that a fever is breaking. I would take their Temp.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• if they are covered in sweat that probably means that there fever has broke anyway. also just dress them in normal pajamas, and give them normal amount of blankets. i dont know why they would start coughing when you remove the blankets though... but just dont do it, it isnt necessary.
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 12:19 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• coughing fits can be triggered by a change in temp in the room and by changing position. If your child is sleeping comfortably I would leave them alone, as long as you havent piled large amounts of blankets on them then they should be fine. If your child is sweaty and has been feverish then most likely a fever just broke, removing the blankets at that point would cause chills because their clothes and body are damp from the sweat which in turn will cause coughing.

3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 12:27 AM on Nov. 11, 2009