How to distract a 2 year old on a plane?

I have traveled several times with my son. But now hes older and has his own seat. I am traveling alone and have an hour layover. What are good travel toys or things to do on a plane for a two year old?

hannahridder

Asked by hannahridder at 12:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Travel

• We just traveled from Colorado to Florida with our 3 year old and 18 month old....Hands down the best thing we brought was our laptop with movies on it. I would recommend that or a small dvd player if you have access to one.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:28 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• If you have an Ipod download cartoons onto it. They are .99 each and worth it! Make sure you put on calm cartoons. The last thing you want is Yo Gabba Gabba being shouted and danced in the middle of an airplane by a toddler. (Learned this the hard way by downloading The Wiggles)
    Usually at that age my son would just fall asleep on the plane. I've noticed most little ones do due to the high altitude. Crayons and coloring books are good unless she likes to draw on the window and seat! A snack will probably waste away about ten minutes. Avoid noisy toys or anything that could be thrown. It happens.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I am travelling with my girls, 2 and 4. I am bringing: sticker activity books (sesame street has some), color wonder coloring books, look and find books (again sesame street), a new book with many stories, a DVD player with headphones, those magnetic writing boards. My oldest has a leapster with headphones and my youngest has a kid tough fps player with headphones. I also have an ipod with cartoons and shows on it, and a book for me.  And spare batteries.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I Spy books, travel DVD player.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:41 AM on Dec. 9, 2009