Cant decide what bottles to use when I go back to work? Any opinions on Dr. Brown or Avent?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• dr brown bottles are good my daughter takes those better then advent. i personally do not like advent the nuk bottles are also good bottles
    seansgurl

Answer by seansgurl at 12:18 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• We use Dr Browns bottles however, they are a pain to clean because of the skinny tube. I received them as a gift, from another mom who had good experiences with that bottle. I personally like the playtex even flow bottles.
    kidomom

Answer by kidomom at 12:53 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• my son loves the green sprouts and adiri natural nurser bottles.
    laurenmason

Answer by laurenmason at 1:03 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• my daughter did great switchin from breast to the Soothie bottle!
    MoMMy2aDiVA08

Answer by MoMMy2aDiVA08 at 1:25 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• i HATED the dr. brown bottles. they are hard to clean, they can leak easily, and they seemed to makes absolutly no differance with gas bubbles or air intake. My son had to try a few bottles before i found one that worked well. i loved the playtex drop ins. they are easy to travel with ( just put the amount of formula in the liner then add water when on the go) easy to clean, and it made a huge differance being able to push all the air out. i would push the air out everytime after buring him and it made the biggest differance ever!
    maranda1389

Answer by maranda1389 at 3:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I used Avent bottles with my first two children and hated them, the bottles always leaked. I switched to Born Free with with child #3, mainly because I found out the Avent bottles (purchased in 2004) were not PBA free. I LOVE the Born Free bottles, they have not leaked onced during the past two months and my son has taken to them very well. No problems with gas or spit up. There are more pieces to the Born Free bottle as compared to the Avent, but not hard to clean as the Dr. Brown bottles.

Avent did send me four new PBA free bottles. Guess what... the new bottles also leaked. Don't waste your money on Avent.
    momto3inpa

Answer by momto3inpa at 8:40 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Avent leaked because the nipple prob wasn't placed right. The directions tell you to make sure you snap the nipple into the ring. I love Avent bottles! My son did very well with them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• depended on the kid.

none of mine liked the same bottle.

#1 loved the drop in liner playtex, then the Avance ones with the vent piece on the bottom
    #2 liked the skinny gerber bottles
    #3 liked the round avent bottles.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:43 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I liked the avent bottles. They were great also when we started moving to sippy cups because you can get sippy tops for the bottles thus saving some money in the long run.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• All my kids liked different bottles. BTW, I tried Dr Browns and they were a pain in the ass to clean and leaked all over.

One kid liked avent, the other liked the playtex with the baggy drop ins and another liked the cheap 3pk special for $1 from Walmart or Target.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 10:10 AM on Nov. 11, 2009