those of you against abortion...

What have you done to lower abortion numbers? Are the churches that are so against abortion doing anything to help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would think so...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• My church has a pregnancy center for teenagers that helps them through everything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• what i do is never encourage someone to get it,and pray that they dont.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• What have I done to lower abortion numbers? I HAD MY CHILD! That's what I did.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 12:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I reduced it by at least one. I had my daughter when I got pregnant right out of high school. I also donate to a local pregnancy crisis center.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 12:14 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• love your answers imo and tori
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 12:15 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Yes, my church (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) has counseling for unwed women. Of course they counsel against abortion. They have a whole adoption agency set up. There are women who serve as "adoption counsellors" in every area where there are members of our church. There is also an assitance program for those who need help (in any situation, not just unwed mothers). We also have an entire Women's Organization (the largest in the world) where anyone, even non-members, can receive a wide array of help. Even down to having people come help you with cleaning, bringing you meals, etc. These women all volunteer to help each other in any way they can. I am sure there is much more, but I don't know everything : )
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 12:16 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• We teach abstinence and why we believe in no sex outside of marriage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I am against abortion, however I want to be clear that I am pro-choice. I am not Christian, so I do not attend church. I do not believe it's my place to prevent them, only to help educate those that are most likely to abort. I firmly believe that there are both medical and moral reasons to support a very small number of abortions, but that other options need to be shown and explained to these women prior to them ever being in that position in the first place. If women and girls are given proper education and support they are not only less likely to abort, but less likely to be pregnant in the first place. I push for more open and informative sex ed classes in local schools as well as strive to help parents of teens to reach out and support their teens rather than chastise them.

cont...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:23 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Pushing a pregnant teen girl away only furthers her resolve to abort, by providing support after, if not BC before, the are less likely to see abortion as an option.

I can not prevent any abortions besides my own. But my children will always know that they can be open and honest with me about sex, BC, and anything else. Being raised by a mom that searched my room weekly, I had a good bit of unsafe sex. I knew condoms would be found. And she firmly believed that BC was only going to make me a whore. (her words) So I did nothing to protect myself, and became a prime candidate for abortion. Thankfully I never conceived, but I easily could have. Had I, I know for a fact I would have aborted simply to keep my mother from throwing be down the stairs again... My goal is simply to help those parents I can learn to support their kids and not work against them. In the end, all I know is I saved mine, but that's all any of us can say!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:28 AM on Nov. 11, 2009