At what age did you start brushing your baby's teeth?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think my son was about 7 months.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 12:34 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• we start brushing when they get their first tooth, and we start using toothpaste when they turn 2.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 12:40 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• i honestly didnt start brushing either of their until after they were a year old -- without toothpaste.
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 1:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• My first born i was needing to be the perfect parent so I wiped down her gums at a week old, daily with a wet baby wash cloth then at a yr brushed her teeth w/out toothpaste gave her toothpaste at 2 and well by the time she was 12 she was on her 2nd root canal!
    I was beside myself! how could this happen? I was so caring....So with the 2nd child I gave up and didn't give her oral care as much attention....she has had 4 cavities and she is 18. My oldest is 22 and had another root canal a few years ago and lost a tooth..
    There is no right way or wrong way....just do what is best and stay away from fruit snacks,,,they are nothing but sugar and it just sits there eating away the enamel
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• as soon as he got them... and when they are still all gums, u can still "brush them".. i bought my son this gum toothpaste b4 he had teeth.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:43 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• oh yea, just thought i'd add... i buy this little pack at wal-mart every month thats toddler toothpaste and a toddler toothbrush for like $5... im sure u dont need a new toothbrush for them every month, i just find the packs conveinent
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:45 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• As soon as they came in.
    When my daughter's were babies and we didn't have the infant toothpaste I would just give them a very soft bristled toothbrush to gnaw on after I brushed their little teeth with plain water. I didn't give them toothpaste until they were between 2 & 3 when they learned to spit it out instead of swallowing it.
    Take care of those baby teeth before they come in, too, by using one of those baby gum cleaners they have now that fit on the tip of your finger....or just wet a washcloth, wipe the gums quickly, and allow the child to gnaw on it.
    My granddaughter (9 months old) allows me to brush her 2 teeth with the infant toothpaste and toothbrush and then I allow her to "brush" them herself.
    Developing good habits now is the key to lifelong dental care. My daughters are now 20, 18, & 15 and have never once had a cavity. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2009