Ring Worm Question

Is there a natural or over the counter way to get rid of ring worm?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Health

• Athletes foot creme. I am not sure if that qualifes as natural... but it works.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 12:44 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Really? Thanks AnnaMac!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Yup, really!! Lotrimin or Lamisil, or even the store brand anti-fungal cream will do the trick!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 1:58 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• anti-fungal creme works wonders and if you put a heavy dose of rubbing alcohol on it a few times a day it helps kill./dry it out faster. use both and it will be gone in a few days but make sure to wash all your sheets, pillow cases, clothing etc. or it will just keep reaccuring, may take awhile but it WILL come back.
    maranda1389

Answer by maranda1389 at 2:54 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• We've used Betadine with great success on both animals and humans. Soak a cotton ball with Betadine and apply to the affected area 2 or 3 times a day.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:04 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• My daughter had a ring worm and the doctor said to put clear nailpolish all around the outside ring and it would go away. I did and it did.
    Maryellen

Answer by Maryellen at 10:28 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Nail polish on a child's skin?? Wow! Putting it on their nails might be okay, but their skin? Wow...i'm just amazed. LOL
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 10:41 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Ok so another stupid question when I put the ointment on the ringworm do I cover it with a bandaide or leave it out? Its managed to spread to other areas too. I have no idea how we caught this! We are never around animals and no one we know has had it ... that we know of lol
    Anonymous