Anyone else loose a bunch of weight and get pregnant?

I used to weigh over 200 and then I gradually worked my weight down to below 200. At 180 I took diet pills and got down to junior sizes. I didn't rely alot on pills but lots of cardio and crunches+ watching what I eat. I guess that my weight was anywhere between 135-140 when I got pregnant. Now I weigh 171(well that's what I weighed at my first doctors appointment at a little over 16 weeks). I have iron defecient anemia so that has made it hard to excercise. At this point though, my weight is not my main concern, but my baby's

tickled_pink09

Asked by tickled_pink09 at 12:36 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i don't see it affecting your baby at all as long as you eat as healthy as you can (can be hard if you have nausea, but do your best) and keep your anemia under wraps. and of course don't take any diet pills! ;)

i lost 35 lbs before i got pregnant with my first baby. then i gained it all back while pregnant. pooey. but he was perfectly healthy 8 lbs 2 oz. =)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:27 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I did with both mine Lost a ton of weight then i ended up pregnant
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 3:16 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Yes my son was born March 20th 2008 and from that time till March 2009 i lost 50 pounds and found out I was pregnant and gained it all back now im going to have to loss it all back.. But it is worth it :-)
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:25 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• *I didn't rely alot on diet pills but excercise
    I will worry about loosing weight after the baby is born. At this point, all I am concerned with is my baby get the right nutrients/eating enough. I am so happy to be pregnant that I really don't care that I gained all this weight(:
    We have wanted a baby for so long a and this has been such a huge blessing(:
    tickled_pink09

Answer by tickled_pink09 at 11:47 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I am not taking diet pills right now. I won't take them until after the baby is born if I do(it also depends on whether I breastfeed or not).Then again I can just work out the old fashioned way....

I am taking iron suppliments for my iron deficiency and eating foods with iron. Thanks(:
    tickled_pink09

Answer by tickled_pink09 at 11:49 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• oh yeah i didn't mean to imply that you were still taking diet pills. ;) congrats on your pregnancy.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:05 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Thank you (:

I'm sorry. I was just making sure that no one thought that I was taking them. I was actually thinking it may sound like I do.
    tickled_pink09

Answer by tickled_pink09 at 12:56 PM on Nov. 11, 2009