husband trouble cuz of newborn?

It seems like ever since we had our little boy mine and my husbands relationship has gone down hill. and i dont know what to do about it or anything. we are literally falling apart. and it has only been since i have had my son. any suggestions. has anyone else had this problem?

a.whaley38401

Asked by a.whaley38401 at 12:37 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Yes BOTH times! The first time I thought our marriage would be over, it got really rough. It is hard to realize it only lasts a short time when you are in the middle of it. Having a newborn puts alot of stress on your relationship and even more on you.
    The best thing is to talk. I know it sounds cheesy, but it really helps. Also get some books on being a new parent. It will over relationship stress. Have him read it too. He needs to realize how much stress you are under being a new mom and needs to be as supportive as possible.
    AnnaMac

Answer by AnnaMac at 12:42 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I agree with AnnaMac. This same situation with both of our kids. Moms automatically go into mom mode. I just think it takes dads and husbands a little longer to jump on board. I would just say be patient with him and tell him exactly what you need from him and what he can do to help, because sometime they just have no clue.
    kidomom

Answer by kidomom at 12:47 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• This is all new and it will take some time to get used to...Every relationship has it's ups and downs and we just need to persevere and overcome
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Nov. 11, 2009