OMG get this baby out! Am I even close to having this child or am I just going to have to face the fact that I am gonna be pregnant forever?

I am 39 weeks pregnant and due on monday the 16. I FEEL LIKE IM GOING TO EXPLODE! I am having tons of pressure like I have to pee or poop all the time for the past couple days and I have increased discharge as well as diahreea and nausia (spelling for both) I was nesting a ton last night and I am EXAUSTED and having a ton of painful BH!!! Does it sound like I am even close to going into labor? What are the signs I will soon go into labor? I am getting so frustrated by this I feel like I am going to be pregnant FOREVER! I just want him out of me I want to see him and hold him, in my arms, not my belly. lol

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 12:52 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I hate to say it but...I felt like that the last 2 weeks of my pregnancy. I went over 8 days and the day before I had her I went from feeling the way you do right now to feeling amazing. Everyone is different, you could go tonight or in a week. One thing is for sure, you DEFINATELY won't be pregnant forever.
    I'll give you a little advice. I just had my daughter 4 weeks ago and I wish I listened to the advice I am going to give you. Enjoy the time you have right now. Enjoy showering, getting ready, eating, ect on your own time because you won't be able to when your bundle of joy arrives. Enjoy feeling your baby move around inside of you because you will miss it=[ I hated being pregnant but when I wasn't anymore, I cried and missed it. Get in alot of quality time with your SO because your mind will be more focused on taking care of your baby instead of him.
    Just relax, take a nice bath and know that it WILL come! Good luck!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 9:00 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Everything that you just described sounds to me like you are getting very close. Hang in there! I wish I was that close, I still have 4 weeks! :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I felt the same way! Ask your doctor to strip your membranes!
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 1:48 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• i felt the same way when i was close to my due date and i was working in job that required me to stand in heels for 12 hours a day which made it soooo much more uncomfortable and unbearable. what helped me is no matter how unappealing it sounds, have sex. i hadnt had sex for weeekkkss and then i had sex 3 days in a row and went into labor about 6 hours after my third sack session and i was 9 days away from my due date still. my doctor told me that along with walking alot proably helped induce my labor naturally. hang in there!
    maranda1389

Answer by maranda1389 at 2:46 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• well you aren't even to your due date yet so try not to get too anxious! most likely, like 99% chance i guess, your baby will be here in less than 3 weeks! your signs sound good but unfortunately that is just a part of late pregnancy and can last weeks. gl honey =)
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:07 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• That's exactly how I feel!! I'm due on Sunday...it sucks. I was having all these BH contractions for like a whole week & they stopped a few days ago, so I'm convinced that I was in labor & I missed it...
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 9:17 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• it will happen wheeping and alycia! my son was born a week after his due date. i started to feel like i was going to be pregnant forever too! now i'm 7-8 weeks with #2 so it's a lot easier for me to be on this side of things and say be patient. lol. maybe in late june you 2 can reply to my posts when i start to feel this way again, and forget all about me telling you all to be patient. =) i think it's just another part of having a baby!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 9:24 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Awww :-) You just reminded me of me a year ago! My baby was due 16 Nov last year and he hadn't even dropped by this time last year but I started getting more contractions about a week before my due date. I went to the hospital on the 16th and had him about 1 AM on the 17th :-) Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• It's time to think you're going to be pregnant forever. It's time to get focused on becoming more comfortable, more rested, and "used to it."

Your baby is definitely coming ("soon"), but it might be within the next 3 weeks or so.

Have you been preparing for labor? This is a great time to dive into some books and learn about what to expect, how to prepare, what you might need to know.

Do you have anyone to be with you for the labor and birth? Having good support with you is important, too.

I'll pass along some info to help you. Good luck!! :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:19 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I would go for a really long walk, and have a good time in bed tonight....it always worked wonders for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Nov. 11, 2009