Does medicaide pay for a breast pump?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 12:56 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have medicaid and my daughters doctors office has a lactation specialist who prescribed me a medela manual pump when my daughter was a week old because I was having alot of problems with latching and engorgment. Medicaid paid for it.
    I had a lady from WIC come see me the next day and she was going to give me the same manual pump and told me when I return to work they will give me a nice double electric one.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 8:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• no, u can try to rent one from ur hospital, or if u are on wic then see if u qualify for a free breast pump... lol i tried getting one with my medicaid but they said they couldn't pay for it... so i just went and bought one
    waterlily89

Answer by waterlily89 at 3:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I'm on WIC and was told I would get to rent one for free. Its worth looking into!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 10:32 AM on Nov. 11, 2009