Military "brats"

It frustrates me that I'm called a military "brat". My DH went to High School with the kids he went to 1st grade with. He went to the same Dr. growing up. He knows where "home" is.
I went to 13 schools in 12 years. I couldn't find most of the kids I went to any school with if I tried. I never saw the same Dr. twice and I don't know where home is. I lived in the state where I was born for a year, is that my home? Who is the "brat"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• Children of military families are generally called brats because they would act out due to the instability. Yay for you if you didn't/don't! My husband has some bratty tendancies because of how much they moved but I totally get why. I call him that as a joke but he really isn't any more bratty than my "spoiled brat" self.

lol We kind of have the same situation only backwards. Dh can be incredibly jealous of my family/home too. I try to get him to go visit his family as much as possible though.
    Rowdyblues

Answer by Rowdyblues at 1:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Well the instability was certainly there. My parents would never let us kids be brats. I am painfully shy because of the moving. I still find it hard to make friends. I am very jealous of you and my DH. I just don't know where home really is. When people as where I'm from I usually say the United States. lol
    Anonymous