Do you laugh when you see the new Wal-Mart commercial?

It's the one showing their line of GE appliances. I love how the associate is so friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. I laugh out loud every time I see it. At Wal-Mart? Yeah, right!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• "So they are trying to seem more upscale."

ROFL...they have a long way to go in my city before this is achieved!

The workers (mostly,there are the occasional few that do not fit this) at walmart are not only unfreindly, they are down right scary. They look as though they havn't showered in many days. They even (numerous times) complain about working there while you check out! The horror stories people tell of walmart are true. I've seen quite a few unpleasant and disturbing things over the years shopping there. I RARELY ever go there now. But now that i know Target price matches too...yippie!
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 9:39 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I have to agree for the most part, but when I bought my new TV there I had looked up info and gone to a bunch of different places and a Walmart associate (woman) was just as helpful as the guy at Best Buy. I was shocked. Normally I can't get them to point in the direction of a product I need or to move out of the way so I can get to something.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• PP - She must have been new, bwahahahahaha.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I have NEVER had a nice, helpful , ready to help me,Wal-mart employee. They always all seem so busy doing stuff and not smiling either. Oh but I do see them on their smoke breaks outside in front of the store. I banned WM a long time ago. Now I go to Publix and Target (southeast US)
    Joanne28

Answer by Joanne28 at 2:19 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I'm sorry, but the people at my local walmart are not the kind I would invite into my home to help me cook. What an unrealistic commercial.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 5:16 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Yes, I have seen that one, but let's face it, isn't that how pretty much all commercials are? When my husband and I saw the Wal-Mart one, we giggled, but then I pointed out the McDonald's ones where a customer walks in and there's a clean-cut, attractive, smiling associate at the register (no line at the register of course) beaming and saying "Hi! Welcome to McDonalds!" Um yea, I don't frequent McDonald's, but I'm pretty sure the scene I just described is NOT the norm. I also laugh at the ones where there's mom hanging around the house, cooking or cleaning or whatever, and she's dressed in slacks and a sweater and shoes, with her hair fixed and makeup on. That's not how I look on a day-to-day basis when I'm at home!
    They're commercials, they're supposed to sell to us, and part of that is painting a pretty picture, whether it reflects reality or not.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 7:28 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

___________________________________

I'm with you on that one! LOL
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 8:34 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• We live in a very small town and we have a very small Wal-Mart and while I have heard crazy stories of how rude Wal-Mart employees in other areas may be, they are great at our store. The greeter always takes the time to chat with us a quick second, gives the kids a sticker, gets a cart out for us. There may not be associates standing out on the floor waiting for someone to ask them a question, but when I do ask an associate a question, they stop what they are doing and help me. Maybe it's all part of the small town way of life, or maybe the employees in other areas have been treated badly by customers so many times that they don't put themselves out there anymore to take abuse. I imagine that it you walk into the store with the kind of attitude that the associates that you encounter are going to be rude, so you start being rude, then that's exactly what you will get. Be kind and patient, it will come back to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I worked at Wal-Hell for three months, and I was a very helpful worker. Anything to get me out of what I was currently doing. So if you needed help the further away from my station the better, and in the rule handbook thingy it actually says to walk the costumer to the product they are looking for, not point it out. But when I would walk the costumer to it, and then get back to my area, oh boy was I in trouble by my supervisor for leaving! Read the rules bucko! BTW this was a regular walmart in a small town, not a super center in a big city
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:53 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• They have a new marketing strategy they are trying to run Target out of business now so they can be the only major discount retailer. So they are trying to seem more upscale. I don't know that it is working Target is doing well and expanding into food. Target btw does price matching and has slashed many of their prices. They have only been pennies away in prices anyway since Walmart tends to comp shop and raise or lower prices to only be pennies away from them (was my job for many years to comp shop the Targets daily) I hope Target rolls out their new marketing strategy. They are a much better company than Walmart and do treat their workers much better would hate to see Walmart get any bigger.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Nov. 11, 2009