Does your husbands job irrtate you?

My husband is a firefighter. Which means he is gone 48 hours sometimes even 72 hours at a time. Then home for 4 days. Meanwhile I still work full time we have two kids under 4 and I hate trying to get everyone where they need to be all before 9 am! I've told him before that his job drives me crazy and it's not the ideal job for a man with a family, maybe a single guy.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• yeah same here my husband is a soldier so he goes out to the field for two weeks at a time for training and gets sent off for months at a time for training ...then deploys for 15-12 mths at a time for war so very stressful....and dangerous like ur husbands job but stay pos. look how awesome that is... our husbands are hero's :) we should be proud..... look how strong we are to stick by our men when they have such hard, dangerous jobs :)
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 2:12 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Was he a firefighter when you married him? If he was then you should have known what you were getting yourself into.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• No he wasn't. Also while he was in the academy we only had one kid, so it was a lot easier. I guess I didn't know it would be this hard. They let him know only a couple of hours before if he has to stay another day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• It bugs me that he has so many guys under him, and they all call all the time. He gets dozens of calls after he comes home. That part sucks, but he makes such good money that I can't really complain when the phone rings.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Oh ok...well hang in there. (I was the first replier)

And also I agree with Armywife510...try to stay positive and proud that your husband is a hero for choosing to become a fireman.

And if you're feeling overwhelmed have him help you during those 4 days off (after he fully rested of course) on trying to get the kids where they are supposed to be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Yeah its kinda the same here in the military b/c he deals w/ lower rank calling w/ problems all times of the day and its like ughhhhh!!! lol but be proud!! ur hubby has such a respectful job.... he saves lives... that's awesome!
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 2:24 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• oh man like you wouldnt believe! he is a union rep and works graveyard. i HATE it. he constantly has people calling him from work with their problems with managment, he is always stressed out dealing with everyones problems not to mention his shift is 11:30pm-8:00am so i am alone everynight and alone all day while he sleeps. we only see eachother for 2-3 hours during dinner and whatnot during the week and when hes home from work hes still always talking/thinking about it. but he had this job when i met him, and he makes good money so i try to cope with it =(
    maranda1389

Answer by maranda1389 at 2:32 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• try having him be a truck driver. its not so bad now that he is home for 2-3 days every other week, but before he got onto this dedicated run, he would be gone 6-8 weeks at a time and then home for 1.
    Allie_kat1

Answer by Allie_kat1 at 2:49 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• My husband has been gone from home since July 1. I don't complain about it, this is the way it is and am just happy he has a job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• you know you should back up and think about him and his commitment and sacrifice .....it's not like he's a deadbeat .....I have a cousin who just had a baby and she is supporting her, the baby and baby'sdad,,,he refuses to work and she just loves him.......so you be proud about that hero you have!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:51 AM on Nov. 11, 2009