serious question here.....Why is it if I drink the hard stuff, like Jim Beam my feet don't hurt...but I drink beer and they are stiff and pain filled

is it gout?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Health

• Or it could be the hard stuff has more alcohol, the beer doesn't. Can't just take ibuprofen??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Be careful. I am allergic to hops and had these symptoms from beer. Then one night hubby and i went out and a few beers later I went into allergic shock with seizures, and hit my head on a pool table. 12 hours later the ER let me go home saying never have hops again because I have a life threatening allergy to it.. So its worth an allergy test could save your life.
    twototsmom

Answer by twototsmom at 2:33 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• hugsProbably the alcohol amount. Try a sparks it has more alcohol then it taste good and has less alcohol than the hard stuff. It also doesn't get you drunk as quick but it takes the pain out of my constant back ache. Good luck Sorry bout your feet hope they feel better soon.

hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:41 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• op here.....my husband's bff had me buy sparks and after a few sips of it I felt weird like shaky but energized...it was just weird lol ...I still have 3 cans in the fridge
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I was going to say possible allergies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• My first thought was gout too. Does it happen with red meat or shellfish too? Or just the beer?
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 8:36 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• the chemical makeup of hard liquor and beer are different.

beer has hops which a lot of people are actually sensitive or allergic to.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 9:25 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Gout was my first thought. I believe consumption of beer aggravates the condition. Try googling it, or better yet, asking your doctor.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:50 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• op here~
    I love red meat and it does not affect me neither does shellfish maybe it's an allergie
    Anonymous