when do you take your child to their first dentist appiontment?

Jaesmomma21

Asked by Jaesmomma21 at 2:38 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• pediatric dentist. started at age one. go every six months since then.
    citymama707

Answer by citymama707 at 9:42 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• After they turn one :)
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 2:38 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Ask your dentist. Mine said when my DD turned 3. She's 3 now, so I need to make an appt. for her.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 2:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• The pedi. dentist I plan on taking my kids to agreed to give my DD a tour of the office and a ride in the chair after her first birthday, but told me to bring her back when she was 3 for a real appointment. :)
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 3:19 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I began my 3 daughters shortly after they turned one year old so they could get used to the environment and a stranger with a glove on their hand feeling inside their mouth. A pediatric dentist is very accommodating by allowing the baby to sit on mommy's lap and making it a fun environment.
    My granddaughter was 7 months old when she came with me to my dental surgery follow-up appt with my regular dentist and the whole office went ga-ga over her, including my dentist. Well, we got to talking about babies teeth and such and I told her about my granddaughter teething so she asked me permission to feel her gums. My granddaughter was so comfortable with everyone and the environment by that time that she just smiled and allowed the dentist in her mouth. My dentist didn't make her "open wide" and she didn't stick any instruments in...she just put on a clean glove and felt with one finger...it wasn't alarming to my granddaughter. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:58 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I took my son when he was 16months
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:19 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I take mine at two. They go to a pediatric dentist. Mainly I go that early because it makes the child more comfortable as they get older to like going to the dentist. Also the dentist will show you how to correctly care for your child's teeth. The earlier , the better.
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 6:24 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• my insurance wont cover them until they are 3yo. thats when most dentist will actually do something for them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I haven't. I was at the dentist about a year ago and asked him when I should start taking my kids - then 1 & 2. He said that unless they are having issues there is no reason to take them until they start getting their adult teeth. Just make sure they are brushing every day and they will be fine. At my son's last check up their doctor told me the same thing... There is no reason to waste the money on teeth that will fall out and be replaced.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:57 AM on Nov. 11, 2009