is it cheating?

My husband cheated on me and I left him. While we were seperated, I had a friends with benefits relationship with another guy. Then me and husband got back together. Is that cheating? I didnt tell him about it. Oh and I broke it off with the other guy, before we got back together.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• i wouldnt think so...
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 2:52 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Sounds fair enough. You probably should have told him though.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 2:56 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• yeah b/c u guys are not dating your married ...if you were not divorced its cheating
    Armywife510

Answer by Armywife510 at 2:58 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• He cheated on you 1st... at least you waited till you were separated! Like I said, sounds fair enough to me!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 3:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I would have told him that you had sex with another man before you guys got back together even if you were separated when you did it. I wouldn't want to get back with someone not knowing if they slept with someone else or not during the time of the separation.
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 3:06 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• friends with benefits is usually fuck buddies.
    so yea it was cheating
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 3:46 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• oh sorry.. Ya'll was seperated.. I don't think it's cheating O_o
    kittenripmaygo

Answer by kittenripmaygo at 3:47 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• 2 wrongs don't make a right. If you don't tell him and he finds out I would assume he wouldn't be too happy. Tell him now before you get further along in your relationship. Easier to deal with it now than in a year (then try to explain it to him).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Are you talking legally separated, he moved out, things are moving towards a divorce separated, or do you mean you got in a fight, and he moved out / you threw him out, and you hooked up with someone, then you all worked things out a few days or a week later?

I don't think it's the same sort of cheating like sneaking off on your lunch break sort of thing, but I think that the fact that you didn't tell your dh that you were seeing someone else while you were separated is a problem - because that says that deep down, you feel like you have something to hide, or that he isn't going to be as understanding about it as you were (though you were separated.)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 6:10 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• You did the exact same thing that your husband did. Even though you were separated, you were still married. As to whether or not you should tell him, only you can decide the answer. I do think that if your marriage is to survive, it would have a better chance if everything out in the open. For you not to tell him yourself is to run the risk of having him learn it from some other source, so you need to weigh all that when making your decision.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:57 AM on Nov. 11, 2009