joint custody?

i have a two year old son with a man im no longer with(we were never married). i have had custody of my son since birth he now decided hes bringing me to court tto try to get joint custody. he has every other weekend and one day a week right now and doesnt even take him half the time he is allowed. Will he be able to get joint custody?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband and I both have kids from previous marriages. I had no problem with retaining sole custody of my son due to his father not wanting any rights. My husband on the other hand has had to fight tooth and nail. We have learned to keep a journal and get notarized letters from friends and family. Document everytime your childs father doesnt show up on time or at all,what they did, who they spent time with, right down to the condition of your child when he is returned. If you recieve child support keep track of how much he gave you and on what date. The courts in my state really look at consistency and safety of the child. Joint custody really isnt that awful as long as you believe your child is not at risk while with the other parent. Feel free to message me if you have specific questions. We have been dealing with this a long time, my husband ex takes him to court every six month! She screws herself everytime though! LOL
    formykids373

Answer by formykids373 at 5:43 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Joint custody is usually just to be legally able to stay in the child's life and help make decisions for the child. It will be fine.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:45 AM on Nov. 11, 2009