It didn't thaw.

I had planned on making a roast today. Not a problem. I have done it so many times, I have it down to a science. I know what size to buy in order to feed my family without a lot of waste and how long to cook it in order for it to be done by dinner time.

Here's my problem, I have to put it in my crockpot by 11am at the latest in order for it to be done when DH gets home. I put it in the fridge to thaw yesterday but it didn't. I got it out a few minutes ago and it was still mostly frozen. There is no way it will be completely thawed in time. My question for those who make roasts in the crockpot or slowcooker, can I put it in mostly frozen? Will it affect the quality? I know I will have to put it in sooner because it will need more cook time, but I don't want it to be tough or anything because I put it in while it was still frozen. Do you think it would be ok to go ahead and cook it? I don't want to waste it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Depending on the size you may need to add 2 hours to the cook time. Or you can run cool water in the sink and soak it to thaw
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:06 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• you can also thaw in the micro wave. I would just add some time to the crock pot. It is ok to cook foods from frozen.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 8:25 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I cook from frozen all of the time in the crock pot. Add a few hours to account for thawing.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 9:04 AM on Nov. 11, 2009