Are You Doing Anything For a Vet Today?

Are you going to do anythig special to thank a vet? I am- I'm letting mine sleep in. LOL.

ave.maria.

Asked by ave.maria. at 8:22 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm going to place flowers on my Dad's grave. He served in the Air Force and did 2 tours in Viet Nam.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:25 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I let my Vet sleep in too. And he is currently on hour 5 of what is probably going to be an all day/night marathon of call of duty (the new one)
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 8:47 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• maybe I should sneak out and get that for him. He really wants it- but his bday and Xmas is coming up and I have banned him from buying anything for himself since he is so impossible to shop for anyways....
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 9:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I don't know any, and there are no vet hospitals or anything around her to volunteer at. So, no, I'm not doing anything for a vet.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I help Veterans year round by being a member of the American Legion Auxiliary. We do fundraisers to send boxes overseas, benefit dinners to help cover costs the VA doesn't, memorials & funeral details & dinners for those pass and raise money to support Veteran's causes. I sell Poppies & walk in the Memorial Day Parade, while my husband carries a rifle with the Honor Guard.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 9:27 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I am waiting patiently for mine to redploy--which lets say IS VERY SOON! Woot! *does happy dance of infinite joy!*
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 9:38 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• No, I tried, but my dad is uninterested. :(
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:59 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• At my younger sons middle school we are having for the 7th time a Honors Program for any fa,ily members that are Veterans,we also send invitations to any care facility in our zone.They also announce the names of any family members that are currently serving.The relatives get to stand .My boys love standing when their uncle stands and for their brothers name is called for being deployed.After the the school goes back to classes we have a little reception for the Veterans and current military that attend.I'm co- chair.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 10:05 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• At noon my boss and I are going down to the National WW2 museum that just re-opened in New Orleans to help serve lunch to the Veterans. Our office sponsored the lunch so I feel people from our office should be down there helping out.

Besides that I have already called all my family veterans and wished them a happy vets day and said thank you for your services.
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 10:06 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• My husband is a Marine Veteran. We will do dinner tonight. Right now he's cooking my daughter and I breakfast:)
    MandyT1021

Answer by MandyT1021 at 10:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2009