Gonna try and see my Dr today...say a prayer for me

I am scared to death over this pregnancy. So much has been going on, I am a wreck!

Got a pos digital test result on 10/31..the very next day I came down with the flu, felt like total crap for 2 days then started feeling better.
Have been experiancing mild period like cramping on and off since around 10/25 or so, they do not last long and they are not unbearable.
A few times I have noticed trace amounts of light pink on the tp after urinating. I have begun to panic so bad that I am obsessed with examining the paper after every wipe...I literally hold my breath. It is not a "flowing" blood...not even a "spotting" blood, almost a faint smear....but still scary as all get out.
I chalked it up to implantaion bleeding at first but its kinda been over the course of a week or so now so that kinda rules out that.
My appointment was set for 11/16 but I am going to call my OB today and plead with them to see me today.

DisneyBride13

Asked by DisneyBride13 at 8:26 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I guess I am scared thinking the flu was harmful to my pregnancy, its making me question where my symptoms of nausea have gone...why did the nausea stop? Everything I have read about the "ok" bleeding has been that its dark brown. This is a light red...almost like when you have a trace of blood in your mucus when blowing your nose...like that. Its not heavy..or clotted or anything but it is there and its scaring me to death.
    DisneyBride13

Answer by DisneyBride13 at 8:31 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Happened this morning...not at all yesterday but it happened the day before. its usually only the 1 time then every wipe thereafter is fine on that day. its so scary not to know whats going on.
    DisneyBride13

Answer by DisneyBride13 at 8:33 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I bled the first few months of my pregnancy and everything was fine. I was also sick for four months straight and I woke up one morning and it was simply gone!

Don't stress yourself, it'll only make things worse. Calm down. Go drink a cup of decaf tea and think...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Im sure if it was a miscarriage you would just KNOW. It wouldnt be spotting. I really wouldn't stress about it though. It doesn't sound bad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• thanks anon, I am sitting at my desk right now at work, in tears and feeling totally alone in this world. I just want to be reassured that everythign is ok. I am probably only 6 weeks or so along, will an ultrasound even show anything yet?...will the dr be able to tell if things look alright? thank you for the kind words.
    DisneyBride13

Answer by DisneyBride13 at 8:40 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• A doctor will be able to tell you everything you need to know, that is their job. I agree with anon:36. Don't get yourself too stressed out about this. If you are stressed than so is your baby. You are not alone, if you ever need someone to talk to then PM me. I'll listen, I didn't have the smoothest pregnancy and I worried enough for a few people. So, stop crying, chill out, and try to relax.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 8:44 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Don't stress! I know that is easier said than done. I am 20 wks, and I had 2 major bleeds- one at 8 wks and 11wks. I had an intra-uterine hemorhage. It was explained to me that my placenta borrowed too deep in the unturine wall and caused some bleeding blood vessels. So my bleeds were large (as in a few pads) and bright red. Each time I was rushed to the hospital and the baby ended up being fine. BUT I think his heart rate was excellerated because I was so upset (this is just my thinking but his HR was in the high 170s, and now he stays in the 150s) so try not to stress.

Here was my treatment- drink lots and lots of fluids, and take it easy- bedrest till the bleeding stopped.

Saying a prayer for you.
    ave.maria.

Answer by ave.maria. at 8:44 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Thanks guys. Its good to hear these encouraging stories and sympathetic words. I really hope they will see me today and take a look at the baby. It is a scary thing to do a search online for bleeding in pregnancy, everything from miscarriage to ectopic pregnanies pop up and worry the heck out of me. As each day goes by, I fall deeper and deeper in love with this baby and the worry gets worse. I feel so blessed to have gotten pregnant on my first try, its almost too good to be true and so that makes me worry too....its nothing but worry....nonstop.
    DisneyBride13

Answer by DisneyBride13 at 8:50 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Everything happens for a reason, just remember that. You got pregnant so easy because it was meant to happen. You are blessed. And it sounds like this little one is blessed to have such a caring Mom already.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I just called my OB. I couldnt even say my name without bursting into tears. She told me to come in anytime today that is good for me. Hopefully it will be good news. I am scared to death.
    DisneyBride13

Answer by DisneyBride13 at 8:56 AM on Nov. 11, 2009