My sister-in-law acts like she is better than everyone...

Okay, my sister-in-law, we will call her Beth, acts like she is so much better than anyone in our family that it makes me sick. For instance her baby shower, we purchased what she registered for and then she took it back anyways because she wanted something better. She won't let her child see mine because she doesn't want her to pick up on being a picky eater like mine. She doesn't like to go anywhere with us because we don't dress in designer clothes.

Why are some women like this? When is reality going to pop up and slap her in the face?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ugh, my SISTER is the same way...we don't talk anymore!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Sounds like U need to slap her!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Why does reality need to slap her?\
    Some people are that way it is how they chose.
    Just let it go
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• join the club!

I dont think that ppl like that have a reality. Dont even try to associate with her unless it is a family event and even then, just dont talk to her. Trust me, in no time she will be wondering what the hell is wrong and then you can just tell her - nothing. But in the mean time, live life happy and full of enjoyment; its too short and you can be here today and gone today.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 8:51 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I have a family member like this too, and yeah talk about snobby. Here is what I did....You cant worry yourself about it (this took me a few years to realize). What ever makes you happy is what you should be focusing on.
    Just know that you are different from her and this does not make you a lesser person than she (even though she probably thinks you are beneath her...how rude!) She finds happiness in some things and you find happiness in others and you are not WRONG for being your own person. If you look at it this way, trust me, it will free your anguish. (**guess what? I think my relative is really jealous of me! lol Your SIL may be jealous of you too.) Sorry so long just trying to help.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:11 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I have come to realize in my opinion there are people that are better then others. It all comes with jobs, social status, etc. There are people that are better then me, there are people I am better then it is all in how someone carries themself towards others. Sorry you had a bad experience.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:25 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• She doesn't work, doesn't care to. She has always had things handed to her. She pisses me off to no extent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• My SISTER is the same way. I just don't deal with her, sure it really hurt my feelings at first, but I soon came to realize I don't need to have people like that in my life, and my kids are probably better off without having that in their life. We still see each other on some holidays, but I stopped trying to get together for the everyday stuff. It jsut got very frustrating, the attitude, looking down, ect. I hate it when people act like they are better. Don't understand why people especially family can't just except one another for who they are.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• we must have the same sister in law lol
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 11:39 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Ya know, I married a guy from a poor family. He grew up with nothing. I grew up, not rich, but quite comfortable. I have nice things. As soon as he took me home to meet his family they took one look at my nice things and immediately judged me as a "snobby Nordstrom girl". It wasn't at all fair. I'm not snobby just cuz I have nice things. Even 20 years later I'm still thought to be a little snooty by some of them. They come to my house, see my nice china and gormet meals and turn their noses up. My husband makes good money now and we both have nice things. So now they are of the opinion that I corrupted him.
    So it's not fair to judge people on what they have or what they wear. Make sure you're not just jelous of her before judging her as a snob.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Nov. 12, 2009