Tooth?

So my 8 month old just randomly started getting a tooth last night!
I didn't see anything in the morning [I just checked randomly] then at night I felt something when I was nursing her, and sure enough theres a little tooth peeking through!
The whole top ridge is through the gum. Im wondering how long it takes for that tooth to pop all the way up?
Also do I need to clean it when it does come in?

BambiF

Asked by BambiF at 9:30 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my lil girls teeth seem to take months sometimes to come all the way up. she had tons of teeth but i didnt start brushing her teeth until she was walking and stuff. u can start brushing when ever u want
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 10:47 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• You can also clean the teeth (or tooth in this case) with a cloth, just wiping it over the front and back of the teeth. I find this much easier to do with my daughter as she just wants to chew on the little toothbrush that I have for her. I just use a burp cloth to wipe the teeth, my ped also suggested gauze.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 10:51 AM on Nov. 11, 2009