How to get son to start back speaking to his mother?

He's on punishment and isn't speaking!! For hiting his sister and wouldnot say sorry!!

Daneque_to_cute

Asked by Daneque_to_cute at 9:36 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Just go on about your business and pretend you don't notice he isn't talking. Talk to him like you normally would and if he does not respond, answer out loud for him. He will give up long before you do!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:20 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I would ignore it. But remind him that no answer means 'no' or 'Mom decides' So if you ask if he wants dessert and you get no answer, well, I guess that's a no.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:20 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Could it be that he isn't sorry? Did his sister do something to him that made him think that he couid hit her? I would never make anyone apologize, especially if they aren't sorry. I don't apologize if I am not sorry. There isn't much you can do to make him talk. Just don't do anything for him until he talks.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2009