What do you to cheer yourself up when you are feeling down and out?

It's been raining here for the past two days. Today would've been my LH and my 12th anniversary. Friday is the 13th. (He died on day and date of the week.) Not to mention I'm PMSing and it's the weepy kind where everything tears me up. I could use some cheering. I just spent the past 30mins dancing with my toddler. I also found an old remote with no batteries to play with just to see the smile on his face. Stuff like that makes him soooo very happy, lol! Wish it were that simple for me!

WindyTheWidow

Asked by WindyTheWidow at 9:39 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• First I am so sorry to hear about your hubby. Now you have all the other stuff to deal with too....so sorry. Well I think are doing great by listening to music....it always helps me...no sad country music for you!!! Since you are on the computer, look up laughing babies on YouTube. I know this will make you laugh and your lil toddler will love it too.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:50 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• No, no sad country music, lol! Guaranteed if I were to put into on the CMC my kryptonite song, "Joey", would come on. I listening to "The Joyful Noise Cafe." Thank you for your ideas.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:58 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I am very sorry. You may want to grieve and cry for a while in the hope that it will let you get some release. But when you feel that you've had enough, you might want to go see a movie, or put a DVD on of a movie that cheers you up. Something else I do is to play some loud music, loudly. Inna-godda-da-vida, with the strong drum segment, clears out the cobwebs. Some chilled ginger ale, some soup, some chocolate, getting together for lunch with a friend.

Answer by Bmat at 10:57 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Thinking about taking the baby to his Nanny's for a bit......need a break....he has started with this high-pitched squeal.....lol....dunno what that's about but I could live without it, lol!
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 11:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I agree with Bmat. Also, when I'm having a hard time cheering up I try something new. Going to a new movie, new place to eat, new store, new hobby. It distracts me enough to get through the day.
    I'm so sorry for your loss. *hugs*
    glittersteph

Answer by glittersteph at 11:18 AM on Nov. 11, 2009