For those who are SAHM..Does your DH show his appreciation?

For those who are SAHM does your DH show his appreciation to you for staying home and raising happy and healthy children and maintaining a good and healthy household for your family?

AProsser

Asked by AProsser at 10:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Well 3gigglemonsters its good you bring it to your DH attention and hopefully in time he begins to see and realize all the things you do and not only speaks his appreciation but will also show it. Ive done decided that the days my DH stops appreciating and starts complaining is the day we will switch roles for a few days or week and then he will see what its like to do all the things us SAHM do and keep a smile on our face and never complain one word. lol. It wouldnt take him long to be ready to change roles again I promise. lol. P.S I love staying at home and feel privleged that I get to.. Its not a job to me but a pleasure and wouldnt change it for anything It just feels good to be showered with appreciation once and awhile.
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 10:37 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• My husband does until I slack off big time. Like if I don't cook dinner and we have to buy out or if the house is messy for awhile. He gets grumpy. ;) But I don't mind because if he was missing work and missing paychecks I'd be more than "grumpy". lol
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:10 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Yes, he does!! He always thanks me for being a good mom..although I wish he'd thank me a little more on our usually always spotless house!! (I'm a clean freak). I usually don't cook dinner every night. So when I do he's very appreciative of that too, lol. Poor guy.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 10:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• LOL.. Mine too is the same way. Almost always he is very happy with how I run the house and he is ALWAYS happy with how I take care of our children and how happy they are every day when he gets home. He always tells me how thankful he is for all the things I do and knows that being a stay at home mommy can be far more stressful then any other job there is. But like yours if the dishes arent done and dinner is far from being ready then he gets just a lil grumpy which is understandable like you said.... I would be mad if he was slacking when it came to getting up and going to work. But together we make a awesome team. ;)
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 10:15 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Yes he is he dont thank me a lot but its one of those unspoken things, like I can tell by how he acts and treats me, and the other day when he was talking to the kids about working hard for our home and I said, well you do, and he said you do to cause you keep it clean and keep food on the table and take care of us, That made me feel so great.
    sarahdicksonjr

Answer by sarahdicksonjr at 10:19 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Oh these questions hit a nerve with me! lol
    Well after 8 years of being married, I think I am getting thru to my hubby. He tells me he appreciates it but he kind of doesn't show it....I have to ask for everything, and while he is ok with whatever I ask, I think he should know by now being married for this long and 3 kids later, ya know?
    But anyway, he used to see what I wasnt doing INSTEAD of what I WAS doing. Uh no sir, you better looky here! lol We, more like me, have been talking alot in the past 6 months about how He needs to treat me more fairly and see that he does not get better privileges because he has a paycheck. I could go on if you like.................
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 10:24 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• He didn't really show it, but from his point of view he did- he feels that if he works 60 hours a week and maintains the car and yard that he is showing that he cares and appreciates. If it mattered to me that he noticed and commented, I'd say so- did you like supper? did you notice that the carpets are clean?- if it mattered, usually it didn't. And now that I think back on it, I'm not so sure that I ever expressed appreciation for the long hours and hard work that he did.

Answer by Bmat at 10:37 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• NOPE
    RAI2001

Answer by RAI2001 at 10:43 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Yes and I appreciate him too. He works hard everyday and because of his hard work I can stay home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• lol Aprosser...."not take him long to be ready to change roles again....." lol Yep........

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:20 AM on Nov. 11, 2009