Is there anything you can do when you have uncontrolable chills?

So you know its the chills. Then its the sweats.. Not Labor! Not a hot flash. DH is ill! He was shaking the entire Bed! I got up before midnight to build a beter fire! It was then 76 inside!! So any tricks for the chills or alike? I'd be happy to know! For I'm sure I'm next! I'll try the tips on him first!! Thank you for any replies of good tips!

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:09 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Health

• I am sorry that he is ill, poor guy. When I have the chills I bundle up as much as I can, including an electric blanket. Possibly tylenol or something such as advil, but I try to get relief without taking anything. Also some hot tea with honey and lemon, or even without honey and lemon, might help. or warm chicken broth or soup. I hope he feels better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 10:30 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Does he have a fever? The one and only time I ever got chills was when I unknowingly had a bad MRSA infection. My fever was over 104 and had uncontrollable chills. I tried to keep warm with three heavy blankets, but I was still freezing.

Hope your hubby feels better soon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I would make him something hot to drink...definitely..and keep him wrapped up...make sure he has socks on, and even try a hot water bottle at his feet...it is a difficult thing to know what to do...but try to make him feel comfortable, and ask what he needs...
    TeenerBeener75

Answer by TeenerBeener75 at 11:30 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Your DH needs a CBC (complete blood count), right away. He could have an infection, he could be anemic, he could have a parasite, he could be having blood sugar issues, it could be a whole lot of rather nasty things, so get it seen to, immediately.
    Anonymous