Are you sure Christ Jesus existed?

How do you know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Of course he did. No one contests that, we have written history going back to those times.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:29 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Yes, I am. There is enough documented eyewitness testimony. There is more trustworthy evidence that He existed than there is of Napolean, or Alexander the Great, etc. Now whether or not he was the son of God......Well, I think that is a personal conviction that everyone has to make for themselves.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I didn't think anone ever thought differently. As far as I knew people only believed he wasn't the son of God if they thought anything different than Christians. Which I don't get, but that's not my path and I can't change theres.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• There is enough documented eyewitness testimony

Really from who? Other people in the Bible you can't prove existed? Where, other than the bible is this first hand eyewitness historical documentation you say exists? 

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:45 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Here’s a sample of what we have of Napoleon that we lack for Jesus:
    - Consistent likenesses, from life-size statues to portraits for which he posed in person to coins which were minted and used during his lifetime.
    - Writings by the man himself, starting from a manuscript he wrote at 17 and ending very shortly before his death in exile.
    - First-hand accounts by hundreds of people, all of them undisputed real people, of personal dealings with him and his appearances before hundreds of thousands of soldiers and citizens, written within days of the events…rather than accounts mostly written in the third person by a handful of authors so disputed as to be effectively anonymous, of his appearances before hundreds, most of whom were illiterate (the literacy rate in first century Israel/Palestine was about 3%), written years or decades later.
    IhartU

• no i dont think he did. whos going to read a book and believe all that crap? hes an idol to scare ppl. come on ppl.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I am absolutely sure that Jesus exited. There is actually more evidence than people think. First, there are the twenty seven New Testament documents that state that He lived. These were written by eyewitnesses of His life within the first century and have proven to be at bare minimum, generally reliable historical documents. (For more on evidence for the historical reliability of the Bible, click here).

cont.

Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:04 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Secondly, there are thirty nine sources outside of the Bible, written within 150 years of Jesus life that mention Him. These sources include the Jewish Talmud, the Roman historian Tacitus, the Didache, Flavius Josephus, Pliny the Younger, Suetonius, the Gnostic gospels (e.g., the gospel of Thomas), etc. These extrabiblical sources reveal to us more than 100 facts about His life, teaching, death and even resurrection. The Encyclopedia Britannica, fifteenth edition, devotes 20,000 words to the person of Jesus Christ and never once hints that He didn’t exist. Don’t be fooled, “For many deceivers have gone out into the world, those who do not acknowledge Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh” (2 John 7)." Below are some helpful resources related to this topic.

Cinnamon-mom

• Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 11:05 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Besides the witness of the Holy Spirit in my heart and the changes in my life, there is the Holy Word of God which I believe to be true in it entirety.  There is a wealth of historical evidence.  So my head knows it, and my heart and spirit know it too.

teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:17 PM on Nov. 11, 2009