Contractions?

What exactly is the best way you can describe of what a contraction feels like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• A big stomach cramp... Your whole stomach gets really really tight and hard.
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 10:31 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I didn't even realize I was having contractions at first until they put me on the monitor at the hospital and said I had just had one. This is hard to describe but it felt like the baby was pushing her bottom up against the top of my stomach (if the baby was in a head down position). I had been having this for about a week or so every now and then and it just felt like the babies position was pushing against the top of my belly and then it would end and I assumed she had moved again. Who knew it was contractions? Obviously, later in labor when I had more productive contractions they felt like a strong menstrual cramp. But once you get to that point there is no mistaking what is and isn't a contraction. :)
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 10:41 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• It starts as pressure, you just feel alot of pressure and then the pressure gets harder and stronger last longer with each contraction and you get them closer together and it starts to feel like menstral cramps in a way.
    Ad3n_M0mmy01

Answer by Ad3n_M0mmy01 at 11:19 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• like a very intense bowel movement cramp. like you have to go really bad but can't make it to the toilet just yet so the bad cramps keep coming.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• The worst menstrual cramp ever.
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 2:58 PM on Nov. 11, 2009