was my test too early

The only time that I could of possibly got pregnant was around oct 26th. My period was due between the 29th and the 4th. (my cycle is sort of irregular lately) I had a blood test for pregnancy on the third. It was negative. since then i have still not had a period and began to lactate (it is freaking me a little out). I called the doctor and he wants to wait 2 more weeks for any kind of testing to see what is wrong. could my blood test been to early if i conceived that close to what I thought was going to be my period. I have had two other kids and never heard of anybody spontaneously producing milk. I was shocked looking at cereal in walmart when this happened. lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Very unusual for you to start producing milk, did you recently stop breastfeeding?? It has been long enough that your standard over the counter test will work, but I am concerned that milk would be coming in this soon> IDK--I was about 7 months PG before and leaking occured--let us know the outcome!! I hope I don't see you on the I didn't know I was PG show--LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:58 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Wouldnt that suck!!! I have not breast fed for well over a year, I thought I was completely dried up. I am pretty sure i would not be more then a few weeks, I just dont know how the blood test work and I was always under the impression that you dont ovulate that close to your period, and would I still have missed my period anyway
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• usually you wouldn't ovulate so near your period but every one is different! if you conceived on the 26th of october i definitely think it could have been too soon. you might be able to get an accurate result from a home pee test though. i would get the Answer Early result at walmart. cheap and good imo.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Just curious if you took the test or not--LOL, called my brother who is a doc--said very strange to be lactating!! Let me know!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:59 AM on Nov. 11, 2009