Time to pack...

What should I pack to take to the hospital with me? I'd like to have a bag prepared...just not sure what kind of things I should put in it. Clothes for when I get to go home, I suppose? Can't wait til she comes. Sooooo over being pregnant. I think I'm the worlds worst pregnant woman...the Cruella of pregos hahaha. Had BH the other night for like two hours and it was hell...it was the first time and I thought I was sick or ate some bad burger or something and was going to poop a lot (TMI, SORRY!)... ok, done venting now....So about packing......?

SammyJoB

Asked by SammyJoB at 10:39 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• clothes and babys take home clothes. not really a lot because they supply you with most things.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• The hospital will probably give you plenty of pads, diapers, and wipes. Clothes for the babies first picture, comfy pajamas for you unless you are fine in a hospital gown for 2 days. I wasnt. I would take your own showering supplies. The ones at the hospital usually are not the best. They say to take a book to read. I feel it is a waste of time, you are either going to be in labor, exhausted, or holding a new bundle of joy. tennis balls feel great if you have back labor
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I took clothes for the baby and clothes for me to go home in. I also took a toothbrush and stuff for the shower. oh, and CAMARA!!
    mereinhart28

Answer by mereinhart28 at 10:58 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• 35 weeks and I should also think about packing a bag. I remember being hungry most of the time with my first. I'm going to stock up on granola bars and other snack items.
    Also, I'm going to bring all my own bathroom stuff. (hair brush, shampoo, toothbrush, ect...) Don't forget a hair tie if you have long hair and glasses if you wear contacts. I'm also thinking that I'm going to need to bring some slippers and a robe.
    You're definately going to need an outfit or two for the baby and a receiving blanket. If you haven't already put the car seat in the car; now is the time.
    I'm bringing my laptop and, of course, a camera.
    Good luck. It's almost over. BTW - "I'm done with this pregnancy" has been my motto for about 2 weeks so I know how you feel.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 11:02 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• i took lotion and music and relaxation stuff for if my labor slowed down for a bit but it didn't. a book to read and cards too, for the hospital stay.

i wish i had taken healthy snacks because i was hungry a lot. they brought me good food but just not enough imo!

also i wish i had packed snacks for my husband for during the birth because he didn't eat at all all day. of course he could have gone to get something but he was too nervous.

also wish i brought a better bra because i had a nursing tank top and it wasn't very supportive.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• things to help comfort you during labor and snacks/money for snacks for hubby. Hubby can go home after to get things you forget. toothbrush/paste and toiletries. change of clothes for baby if you wish. bra/nursing pads. jammies if you wish, but I wore the gown. socks or slippers. stuff to do such as read/crossword puzzles after baby is born. it gets boring. :) car seat
    Anonymous

• yeah i wore their gown because otherwise i would have gotten mine all bloody. the bleeding can be pretty heavy at first.

nursing pads is a great idea! stuff for after you get home might be nursing pads and tucks pads too. hopefully the hospital will have those also though
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:17 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• If you are nursing, I would suggest you purchase some nursing shields in addition to the other items mentioned above. Your breasts will get very sore at first, and the shields work really well to ease that pain.
    TiffaniR

Answer by TiffaniR at 2:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2009