How early is too early to try to concieve after normal preganancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Doctors recommend you give your body a year to heal. Pregnancy and labor are major experiences for our body so a year gives it time to recoup.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:51 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• The World Health Organization recommends waiting at least 3 years before ttc. It's best for your body and best for the baby. They recently did a study reviewing other studies and actually found that longer may be better.

Why listen to the WHO. The US ranks last or near last in the developed nations in maternal and infant mortality rates. The US ranks 41st in maternal mortality. Other developed nations have longer lifespans.

As a nation we obviously need to look at what research is telling us and not just do whatever we feel like and hope for the best. It starts at the individual level.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:51 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• At least 1 year, but I know many people who only waited 6 months or so, good luck1
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I got pregnant with my second when He was 6 1/2 months old. Honestly I think that is you can concieve, do it. as long as you have the ok by you doctor.... why not
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 10:57 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• My cousin got pregnant 8 weeks after giving birth to her first son!
    Ad3n_M0mmy01

Answer by Ad3n_M0mmy01 at 11:16 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• It possible to get pregnant right away but not preferable. I got preg. when my daughter was 6 mo. old. After I had here my dr. said it was fine to start trying again in 3 mo.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• My daughter is 9 months old & I only want my kids to be about 2 years apart. So should I have my Mirena taken out to start trying now or should I wait?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Nov. 12, 2009