When your baby got circumsized, did the dr tell you to push it back every day and blame you if you didn't??

My son is 10 months and his circumcision is all dark red like its gonna bleed and the head is still fused with the rest of the weiner and the dr is telling me it's my fault that I didn't push back the circumcision a million times a day. I think that the original circumcision was done wrong. Now they are wanting me to pay for a correction for my poor baby. I don't have the money and I don't want my son to feel that pain. Of course I need it fixed, but do you think it's my fault? I used to push it back but not every second of the day cuz I didn't think it was so super important that it would make it go wrong. Was it just done wrong to begin with?

Butterflysky_24

Asked by Butterflysky_24 at 11:25 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my doc didnt tell me to do that, just to put vaseline on it. you should get a second opinion.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 11:27 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• i've seen 3 drs and they all say that the circumcision looks like it needs correction, they just dont all blame me. i'm just worried that they will make me pay for it cuz it's my fault but i think its the drs fault and i shouldnt have to pay
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 11:30 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• He messed up. You don't have to pay for anything. Tell him your going to take him to court. You dont have to push it back. Your not soposed to really touch it. He messed up he needs to eat the bill and you should really get a lawyer for the pain your son is going to feel. Don't let his get away with this! Give me his Dr. Number I will call his office myself!! Let me know if you need help.
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 11:30 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I don't recall doing that ever. I remember putting the salve on it but that was it. Apparently they(your ped and staff) knew they screwed up and thats why they told you to do that, to fix their mess. They are mad because they screwed up not you.

Here's a link that might help you.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080110181940AAmiglb

There are sublinks in the best answer.
    CinderAmethyst

Answer by CinderAmethyst at 11:31 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• My son's doctor told me to push it back so it doesn't grow over. It's common sense that if it gets over his penis and stays like that then it's going to grow over.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 11:32 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I don't remember ever pushing my son's circumcision back. What was there to pull back? Maybe I did, it was awhile ago (14 years ago), but even if I did it would probably only been once a day. Because I honestly don't remember ever bothering with it after the first week or so and that was just to put a bit of vaseline or something on it so it wouldn't stick to his diaper. I would get a second opinion.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 11:32 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• the only reason there would be any skin to pull back would be because they did it wrong and know it and are trying to save their butts, I was told not to touch my sons, only put Vaseline on it. I agree with the whole lawyer thing.
    sarahdicksonjr

Answer by sarahdicksonjr at 11:37 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• My son's circumcision had to be corrected. He had adhesions like your son and it was bad enough that it started to pull on his ureter. The pediatrician referred us to a pediatric urologist. The urologist said that we could fix the problem one of two ways -- 1) use steroid creams to release the adhesions or 2) we could have him recircumsized. We opted for #2 since there always seemed to be too much skin left. A recircumcision is considered surgery and your child will have to go under general anesthesia. It turned out that my son had a bend in his penis that made the original circumcision wonky -- the urologist corrected the bend and fixed the adhesions. We had a HMO at the time. There was a co-pay that we were responsible for but the rest was covered. Good luck!
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Don't let that doctor touch your son. Have another doctor fix it. Insurance should cover, circumcision mistakes happen all the time. You probably signed a release saying you understood the risks and that mistakes happen and that the baby could even end up without a penis.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:43 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• With my first son, I was told to push it back. With my second son, the doctor never told me that, but I did because I remembered. I didn't do it that often. I don't think this is your fault at all. I think your insurance will pay for it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:47 AM on Nov. 11, 2009