My sons skin on his feet are peeling, what can I use to help them?

My sons feet are peeling. They look awful. Is there anything to help them? His skin gets caught on his socks and I can't think it is the most comfortable thing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• A toddlers feet peeling seemed strange to me so I looked it up on the internet. A dermatologist says it can happen after a strep or viral sore throat and is self limiting (gets better on its own). He suggested Vaseline. I don' use petroleum products so I would use something else like Burts Bees Healing Salve.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:34 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• aquafor or vaseline
    DRM0329

Answer by DRM0329 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• my sons feet did that right after he was born. I used Johnson & Johnson baby oil gel. It took a few days but it got better.
    JSWeible

Answer by JSWeible at 1:57 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I would try the Aquaphor. That stuff is great. It does wonders for my daughter's mild eczema and if she has a diaper rash, it heals it very quickly.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 11, 2009