Should I let my twins sleep in the same crib?

I have a set of almost 13 month old twin boys. They never shared a crib before but its getting harder to seperate them now for some reason (they are fraternal) I've heard that its normal for identical twins to not want to be seperated, so im confused. any advice?

lilmisswaddles

Asked by lilmisswaddles at 11:49 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldn't put them together now because they can use each other to help escape from the crib! My twins sleep in separate cribs that are close together so they can see and talk to one another. When you get ready to move them into regular beds I would think sharing would be ok if they don't wake or bother one another.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 11:54 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I wouldn't let them, but maybe put their cribs closer together.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:58 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I would, I mean if you are comfortable that they are safe and secure, I don't see the harm in it!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:00 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I say if they want it go ahead, assuming they both have plenty of room. I have identical girls, they are 11. They slept together from infancy to about 6. Then they slept apart for about 3 years. They asked if they could sleep in the same bed one night and have been doing so most of the time since. They made the choice. I don't buy all this separation is necessary, they will develop their own friends and interests as they grow, just let them be them.
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 12:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• i would let them sleep together i think. my friend had twins who shared a crib for a while, then had separate cribs, then they started climbing in and out of each others cribs to be together!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:56 PM on Nov. 11, 2009