Why do toddler/preschooler children like to stay up all night?

My 26 mo old son likes to stay up all night. He thinks its a game when it comes time to go to bed. Getting very concerned if he has sleeping problem or something else.

dpksirish

Asked by dpksirish at 11:52 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think that they are afraid that they will miss out on something fun if they go to sleep :~) My 2-1/2 year old is the same way.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Maybe try a set routine. I don't really know the answer because ours have always crashed by 8pm. They play hard and sleep well. Maybe try to get him more exercise during the day so he will want to relax at night. Also reading a story at bedtime is a good habit to get into. GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:55 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• He needs to be active during the day do activites that keep him moving, and at night when it's time to go to be, persistance and routine are key, be consitent.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 11, 2009

• sounds like you need to have more of a routine for your child. They may be over tired and when over tired, they will stay up longer and be more hyper active. My son knows at 7:30, he goes to bed. He may whine about going upstairs to get ready, but when we put him in his crib, he goes right to sleep.
    Anonymous