Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever had your DNA analyzed ? Know anyone who has?

Now there are many scientific tests that analyze your DNA and can confirm what percentage of ,for example, Native American blood a person has and in some cases can identify the specific subgroups. They can do the same with European, Asian and African heritage and tell you what percent of each you are-



Would that be something you would be interested in finding out ?

Answer Question
 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

Answers (6)
  • I would be very interested in having that done...but not interested if it cost a lot of money. Just more of a novelity kind of thing. My DH has a DD from an ex girlfriend. She was running around on him so he and 3 other guys had to show up for DNA testing. I read his results...very complicated stuff, but interesting. Said he was like 97% the father....that leaves 3%....hmmm lol.
    salexander

    Answer by salexander at 12:17 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

  • i think my granddaughter had her dna done but it was because my daughters dh had tourettes when he was little and its the only way to find out if she inherited it.....(i think)
    cleo1977

    Answer by cleo1977 at 12:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

  • Oh wow, that's awesome. I'd love to have that done.
    caitxrawks

    Answer by caitxrawks at 1:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

  • Some of my mom's cousins had it done, but now they are all confused cause they thought our double great grandmother was Native American but no NA blood showed up. Not sure if they have ever figured out what the deal was or what. I'm curious to know. I wanna get mine done at some point. I'm curious to see if I have something I didn't expect to be there.
    sammybear71

    Answer by sammybear71 at 3:21 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

  • Sammybear71 ~ Do you know how much your cousins paid to have their's done?

    I would LOVE to have mine done and my husband's, too!
    PrydferthMenyw

    Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:32 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

  • Hey everyone....I found this site:
    https://www.23andme.com/
    It costs $399, which is less than I thought it would be, but I don't know if I want to do a mailing thing...I'd rather go to a local lab.

    PrydferthMenyw

    Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:35 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.