True confessions of a real mom!

I am the worlds WORST Tooth Fairy! I am so excited for them when they lose a tooth. We talk about the Tooth Fairy coming for a visit. But then I always forget to leave the money before I go to bed. I also confess that I was this way when I had one child let alone the 5 I have now. So I have to "help them look for it" the next morning and "find" it on the floor lol. So, what "mom thing" do you have trouble with? Are you woman enough to admit your short comings?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 12:06 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Having to work throughout my daughter's young life, and then seeing my daughter taking another mom's word over mine. Too heartbreaking.

Anonymous

• I never remember to leave money either! And so far only one of my sons has lost his teeth.
    Anonymous

• That reminds me of when I lost my teeth. My mom left ziplock bags of quarters under my pillow. LOL And the year they tried to make Santa real (by having my older cousin dress in a red suit) was when they blew it for me. I believed until they made it so obvious. I guess he just wasn't a good actor. LOL

I feel like I come short by being short. I'm a small person and I feel bad when hubby can do so many things with DD just cause he's bigger and stronger =( I can't always reach her to the monkey bars or carry her on my shoulders.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 1:29 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• That's funny. I refuse to go in my kids' room so I had them start leaving their tooth, wrapped in a square of fabric, on the stereo in the dining room telling them that the tooth fairy couldn't navigate the disaster that was their room,
    Then with my middle daughter I forgot all about it. She was so disappointed so I told her the tooth fairy must be on vacation...she forgot the next day, too, and for the next tooth. Darn tooth fairy.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• OP that was funny about the tooth fairy. My kids are 3 and 5 and they have not lost any teeth yet. there is nothing i need to confess sorry. im a stay at home mom, my husband works in the army. i take my kids to school and pick them up. i cook, clean, do laundry when i feel like it
    Anonymous

• Awww....you aren't a bad mommy at all! You are a new mommy and everything new takes practice :)
    If you don't want to wake your child, you can buy a small pouch to put some money in and place it where they will find it when they wake up....on their bureau, on the floor in front of the bedroom door, next to their breakfast place setting.....it doesn't always have to be under their pillow.
    Likewise, the tooth doesn't have to be placed under the pillow, either. The child can place it in the pouch and then left in a 'special' spot where you can make sure you can get to it without waking up your child. :)
    The great thing about beginning family traditions is that they can be shaped and molded to fit your specific family and lifestyle.
    {{Hugs}}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:22 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• Oops...here's an obvious shortcoming of mine...not reading your post all the way through! LOL.
    A 'mom thing' I'm having trouble with right now is not making time to take my older teen daughter out to practice her driving so she can take her driver's test to get her license. The guilt is eating at me, but I have been thrown into parenthood of an infant again when my oldest daughter moved in and had her baby. She works and goes out so I am the one who cares for my granddaughter. I love her so very much, but I have forgotten how much time is needed to raise an infant and how much time is taken away from other things in my life. I really need to tell my daughter to get me help with caring for my grandbaby so I can give back some time to my 2 teen daughters again.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 1:28 PM on Nov. 12, 2009