Veteran's Day -Hi Military Mommies and Partners!!! Thank you for protecting my family and loved ones!!!!!!!

lfl

Asked by lfl at 12:22 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• YES! I just spent a wonderful morning honoring vets and my kids' school. If I could ask one favor: If people could call their local Homeless Vets Shelter and see what they need to prepare for the winter, that would be WONDERFUL! My kids and I volunteer frequently, but are heading over there today to take artwork their scouting troop made and some coats, scarves, towels, and bedding.... Thank you and God Bless.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I'm a veteran that couldn't reenlist because I was a single mother. Since then I've struggled. I feel like hiding in a cave today. Oh yeah, there's a young mother (in Army Class B uniform) holding her infant. Where's my cave woman suit?
    Anonymous

• Honestly, I'm thankful that I could serve the eight years I was able to. I'm thankful to those who appreciate my service and the service of my husband.

God Bless the United States and God Bless her Military.
    SterlingLegend

Answer by SterlingLegend at 3:17 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• hi op here. anon1229 I wonder if you posted a question earlier? I'm so sorry for your hardships. You served our country in military service and we are very proud of you for that. Can you call your county social services for any help? A church or synagogue for help? Displaced homemakers at colleges offer services to help single moms. Any two year community college in your state should have links to that. If you're Catholic I know Catholic Charities offers help.

If you have a family member who you could live with to further better your life maybe you could do that. United Way has different agencies that could help. Salvation Army is in different locations and offers help.

Just search, google, ask keeping asking for ways to better your child's life and your life. Lots of community colleges offer distant learning degrees. Maybe look into those.

Don't be alone and angry. Write. I'll listen.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 4:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2009