Is it possible to catch an STD called chlamidiya from say a doctors office ie (ob/gyn) ?

I have been with this man for about 7 months now , I went in April to my GYN Dr for a routine Pap test and of course was screened for whatever else including STD's . All the test came back negative , Due some discoomfort I went back for an infection and was screened again , and the test came back postive , with knowing that my partner being faithful to me , and I to him we really are confused as to where the infection of an STD came from , seeing that we both havee been faithful, I have read and read on the facts of an infection like chlamidiya and all of it doesn't makee sense how the infection manifested .....unless if there were some possiblity that I picked up the infection from this Dr's office, this office is in a very populated city and is very small but has alot of patiets comingn in and out . So is it scientifically possible through unsanitary measures through this doctors office that I picked up the infection ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Health

• Chlamydia is one of those lovely diseases that can be missed by tests, or lay dormant for a while. You either contracted it from your last partner, your SO gave it to you when you first started dating from a previous relationship, or, unfortunately, he has not been faithful.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• oh I'm so sorry. I don't know. Hope you feel better soon! I thought it was just through sex.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 12:30 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I just did some quick research, everything says it is caught via intercourse, vaginal or anal, or passed from mother to child during birth. There is NOTHING about catching it from an exam table or toilet seat. I highly doubt a contaminated instrument was used on you either.
    Anonymous

• My guess is that the first test didn't catch it,and you have had it for a number of years without realizing it.Have you been tested on a regular basis for STD"s?
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 12:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• It sometimes takes years for the infection to show up,so it could be a previous partner.
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 12:40 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Even if the instruments weren't cleaned and sterilized before being used on you (HIGHLY unlikely) the chlamidia germs would not live long enough to infect you. Your best bet is either you or your partner had a dormant case from some previous relationship and the first screening just didn't catch it.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 12:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• what the last two posters said.
    Anonymous

• Either it was dormant in you or your partner until after testing, the test didn't catch it or your partner has lied to you.

Anonymous

• LOL. NO. It looks like someone cheated. Uh oh. Sorry.....
    Anonymous