How did the delivery of your children go? Did you get an epidural, pain medication or go without anything?

Moms, please just share your stories and no bashing please.

I wanted to go without any medication but the labor wasn't going to well and the pain got the best of me so I got demerol to help. I really don't feel that it helped with the pain at all. I had to get a episiotomy, they had to use the plunger, and two different sizes of forceps... finally my son came out... lol.

ProudMom_5703

Asked by ProudMom_5703 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 1 (-7 Credits)
  • water broke around 11 pm. I got to hosp around midnight after calls to doc and all. Got my 2 bags of fluid and started pushing when the anestist got there (I cannot spell that word!) DIdn't get any drugs. Pushed maybe 3 times and dd was out at 2:49 am. I tore. The worse part was getting the pain meds shot into the site of the tear. It burned beyond belief. Compared to that, the baby was nothing.
    Anonymous

• No pain meds with all 3. I was in a lot of pain but after having our first w/out anything, and I could get up, shower, and not be confined to the bed, I decided to do the same with the last 2. I tore with our first, only 3 stitches. I was very fortunate to have 3 normal preganacies, and 3 very healthy babies. We are very blessed.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:28 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I was induced due to high BP 8 days before my due date. I asked for Cytotec first, since they hospital didn't have Cervidil and my cervix wasn't ready for labor yet. At about 8:00 (4 hours after the administration of the Cytotec) we started on Pitocin. I had a birth plan that all my nurses had read, and that was nice, except that I forgot to tell everyone that I had different expectations of myself going in for an induction, and wanted to use IV narcotics to control the pain lol. I started asking for them about 6 1/2 hours into my labor, and the nurses and my supporters talked me out of them until I couldn't speak any more. There were a couple other interventions along the way... internal monitors and such, but 1/2 an hour after I went into transition I had the inexhorable urge to push. My midwife was across town, so I had to wait. 5 minutes later she got there, and 5 minutes after that my daughter was born, no pain meds.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:37 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I went into labor at about 11:30pm on march 15th. I stayed at home until about 9am March 16th. I was in labor at the hospital from 9am till 11am when they broke my water. I still had no medicine at all until 6pm when I was given potocin(sp?)to make the labor go faster. I had been having horrible pain all day, when I asked when I could get the epidural I was told to keep waiting. Finally I had the epidural at 8pm, started pushing at 8:30,had an episiotomy at 9pm, and my beautiful son was born at 9:42pm. Weighing in at 6lbs. 9oz. 18 1/2inches long.
    The epidural worked wonders, my only wish is that I could have gotten it soon. All in all, if I had to do it over again I would defiantly get another epidural.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I have had 5 kids. I won't bore you with all the stories. In a nutshell, I had 3 vaginal births. The first natural, the next two with epidurals, and the last two c-section because #4 was breech.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:00 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• The first one was gorey, traumatic, and I nearly died pushing her out. I'm not cut out for vag birth. The second was wonderful, quick, and c-section.
    I'm done.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• 3 vaginal births, 3 inductions, 4 epidurals.....lol. 0 episiotomies, 2 tears, timny 3 stitches total.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 1:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• All 4 of mine were planned c-sections for one reason or another. They first 3 (in 2000, 2001 and 2002) were uneventful and I recovered pretty quick from each of them. The last one sucked, though. I had an infection and was in pain for months but I survived.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:36 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• With my first everything was going swimmingly - LOL -or so it seemed. I had a natural birth with no pain meds - I wasn't opposed to them, but was glad that I didn't feel I needed them (especially since I'm notoriously BAD at handling pain!) Long story short, my Dr. screwed up big time and I ended up back in the hospital with a life threatening infection a week after my daughter was born. Thankfully they were able to fix me up, mostly - - I still have some lingering problems that I am told will never be completely gone. Because of the damage caused by that Dr., the rest of my births will be planned c-sections. My son was born 2 years after my daughter, and while I was sad that I couldn't have a natural childbirth, I have to say that knowing exactly when he was coming was nice!! :)
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 1:44 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I had a traumatizing emergency c-section, after a long day of labor and pushing. I got the epidural.
    Anonymous