by george, i think we've done it!

So after posting about the bottle to sippy cup, I thought I'd give it a try. Night before last I gave DS milk in a sippy before bed. He threw a fit when I put him down, but fell asleep within 20 minutes or so. Last night, again with the sippy, and he did just fine! I guess it wasnt as bad as I thought. If he's not super attatched to it, then why keep the bottle around?? So yay for him! One more hurdle outta the way!

ps DS will be 1 on the 29th!!!!

AmandaN1

Asked by AmandaN1 at 12:24 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• That's awesome! I'm glad it was soo easy for you!! I haven't yet tried to switch my son, and am a little worried about the outcome when I do. Hopefully my switch is as easy as yours!!
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:09 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Be careful with putting you DS to sleep with anything but water in anything...being a bottle or sippy cup. I made that mistake with my first son and he had to get his 2 front teeth pulled due to the milk or juice gave him severe cavities. Now ive learned my lesson the hard way and only give my boys water in anyting when going to bed. The 2 older ones are 4 and 3 and have outgrown going to bed with drinks, but my youngest still goes to bed with water in his sippy. My boys never did have bottles, but congrats to you on NO BOTTLES!!!
    Anonymous

• ah... easier than expected transistion of any kind is a relief isn't it?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Good job!!!
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 1:35 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Happy Birthday little one!
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 2:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I never put him to bed with a cup of any kind. he gets to drink some milk and then about 5-10 mins later i put him in bed. I avoided that from the beginning!!
    But yes i'm very excited it was that easy. he's an ornery one so things like that are nice to know they are out of the way.
    jazzlikemraz....i hope its easy for you too. DS has been using a sippy for about 3 months, so he was nice and used to them by now.
    thank you justluvin! cant believe how fast these kids grow up!!
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 2:52 PM on Nov. 11, 2009