My Doc asked me if i wanted to take the h191 shot today??? what should i do??

what would yall do i'm 30 weeks pregnant.. and i do have asthma.

mellyhayes

Asked by mellyhayes at 12:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Pregnancy

• skip it
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 12:41 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• i would also skip it. but it's a very tough decision. gl!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Get the shot. You are at a higher risk of compliations from the H1N1 virus should you contract it. We are just now entering the true flu season.
    Anonymous

• you're in a risk category for the vax, in and of its self. even with the vax there is NO guarantee that you will not contract H1N1, or any other strain of the influenza virus... even if you receive BOTH vaccinations. it is not even a wide spectrum of coverage... i would personally skip it.

practice good hygiene, wash, wash, wash... stay away from sick people, be conscious of the things you come in contact with while you're out and about- making sure not to touch your face. use a hand sanitizer when you can not wash... its never 100%, but simply being cautious gives you just as much coverage as the vax. avoiding unnecessary exposure is ALWAYS the best prevention.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:56 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Skip it if you are able to stay indoors away from any potential carriers for the next four months and make your husband wear a mask and soak your entire body in alcohol for 30 mins each day. In otherwords, get it.
    Anonymous

• I would get it. PP is correct - no guarantee of not getting the virus but will, hopefully make it milder. Plus H1N1 is a danger to you because your body is busy doing something else, but it is also a danger to your baby once it is born. Without you getting the shot, the baby will also have no protections against it. Newly postpartum women, their newborns and young children are at highest risk for a bad outcome.
    heatheryn

Answer by heatheryn at 1:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• What did the doc recommend?
    Anonymous

• get it. there is no additional risk from the h1n1 shot than the seasonal flu shot. they are the exact same thing, just a different strand. I was very scared to get the vaccine but i did it anyway. so far im fine and so is the baby.
    Anonymous

• I am 38 weeks, and I just got it today. (-: It is recommended that pregnant women and anyone residing with a 0-6 mth. old get it.
    TiffaniR

Answer by TiffaniR at 2:00 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I would not skip it. If I were pregnant right now, I'd get it. Pregnant women are in the top risk group. I've had my dose and both my children have gotten their first dose. Everything is fine and I have yet to hear an actual concern for all the paranoia about it being dangerous.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2009