What is the difference between ADD/ADHD & AUTISM symptoms?

What are the symptoms of ADD/ADHD & AUTISM? Do they have the same symptoms or are they different? The baby Dr. won't do anything, say he to young to be dignosed. How old do you have to be, my son is 26mo.old.

dpksirish

Asked by dpksirish at 12:47 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in General Parenting

• Your son is not too old. Our son started exhibiting signs of Autism at 18 months. and at 2 years old was officially diagnosed. It is indeed an uphill battle with some doctors. Every state has an Early Intervention program, for things like this. I suggest you call them and set up an appointment. They will get you what you need and have the power to get doctors to look into your issues more.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:00 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• There's a HUGE difference between the two. They do go hand in hand at times, but more often than not, they stand apart from each other.

He is definitely NOT too young to be evaluated! If you think there is a problem, get proactive and get him evaluated! If he is autistic, he should already be in therapy.
    Anonymous

• Your son is too young to be diagnosed for ADD and ADHD. Look them up for exact answers. However, ADD and ADHD are similar. Attention deficate disorder is exactly like it sounds. The child has trouble concentrating, they're easily distracted, distant, and sometimes have trouble learning. ADHD is the same, except they have hyper activity ontop of it. My older sister has ADHD and she drove me nuts growing up, because I didn't understand the disorder. My mom explained it like this .. Everyone has flood gates in their mind that open and close at our will. For someone with ADHD the flood gates don't close and the information comes flooding in, which causes them to become easily frustrated, annoyed, and overreact to situations. Why do you think your child may have one of these disorders?
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 6:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Find a new doctor! This one is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 7:36 AM on Nov. 13, 2009