I have just had it

I am so depressed I am actually considering seeing a shrink. My husband and I have not been ttc for long but I can not take it month after month I fill my head with hopeful thoughts and all I get are BFN my sister in law is pregnant and although i should be happy I feel super jealous I know what u guys are going to say that I should be happy not jealous but it is really hard not to be I got a job thinking I would get over my obsession and I still have not gotten over what should I do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Have you seen a fertility specialist or gone to a doctor?! Is they're a reason you're not preggo yet?
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 1:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Ok, well if you haven't gone to a doctor, that should be your first step. If there's a reason you're not getting pregnant, then they will probably figure it out. Good luck, KEEP TRYING and STAY POSITIVE. I know it's hard. I know it's difficult. But stressing over it, probably does more harm than good. You've got to stay strong, stay positive, and try to have fun with it. Don't make baby making a chore. Get the help you need, from a doctor, etc. And try not to let it get to you so much. I want a baby more than anything right now too, so don't think I'm just talking to talk, lol. I've gone to the doctor only to find out I wasn't ovulating so they started me on clomid. Sometimes getting pregnant isn't easy. But it WILL happen!
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 1:42 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• If you are depressed you should see a psychologist. It's not the big deal everyone thinks it is and more people go than you think. If you are nearvous about being seen, or what people might think ask them to give you an irregular appointment like 15 after the hour when most people will already be with their doctor. I would also see your obgyn and see if they can help you with concieving.
    angel637

Answer by angel637 at 5:10 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• i completely understand i'm ttc and it seems like everyone in my family is getting pregnate but me so hangin in there and good luck i hope it happens for u very soon
    Anonymous

• We tried for a year..with a miscarriage thrown in there. I went to see a specialist and she helped me read my bbt charts ( be prepared to take your charts along) sure enough the next month we got pregnant. Relax and think of something else..start thinking about the holidays and then go from there. Totally normal to be jealous...I knew so many of my mom friends getting pregnant while we had issues. it was hard..but you will get through it.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 9:52 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• What did your doctor say? Is there something you two can do about this situation?
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 6:34 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• well like I said we have not been ttc for long it has been 5 months but those 5 months feel like forever especially when everyone in the world seem to be getting pregnant before you...I was told that it could take up to a year to conceive so if after 12 months with no luck then to see a doctor, but I am not sure I can deal with 7 more months of disappointment
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Nov. 13, 2009