Who here has bank of america?

I hate them! I just opened and account there and was charged an 8.95 maintanence fee, well I had less than that in savings so rather than take it from my savings they put me in the hole for the stupid fee and THEN charged an overdraft fee of 35.00!!! Definitely switching to a credit union tomorrow. Just had to bitch about that and warn anyone who's thinking of going there how much they SUCK!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Money & Work

• Go into the bank and say you want to close the account. When they ask why tell them. Often times they'll wave the fees if you stay with them.
    Then go back a week later and close the account.
    GOOD LUCK! And sorry to hear that this happened to you.
    ~E
    Anonymous

• Oops I meant to say I had less than that in checking (the fee pertains to the checking account) and they should've taken it from savings where I had more than enough***
    Anonymous

• Be sure to complain, to a manager or higher. It would seem fair for you to get that money returned because there was a misunderstanding or mess-up.

Answer by Bmat at 1:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• We had two credit cards with them. Now we only have one with them. I payed my bill early two months in a row. So they uped our interest rate to like 29%. We payed it off and closed it. We plane on closing the other one when we get a different credit card with someone else. We have to pay it off first.

They said the reason they did that was because I payed the bill to early and to did not count for that month. Stupid rules they have.

Answer by louise2 at 1:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• well good luck on that with BOA...they have gotten out of control with fees and such...Switch for sure...they are ok enough just have to make sure you know the fee schedule...
    Anonymous

• i have bb&t and LOVE it
    Anonymous

• ya you knwo with my other bank if you use your debit and the money isnt there they decline it..well my hubby used the card and it there wasnt enough there to cover it so i was charged for the payment to the store which was 145 cuz the bank never covered it, i got sent a bill a month later, then bank of america took out 145 out of my account and then i had to pay the 38.00 fee.. i still owe the money and i get charged like 2 dollars a week the more it isnt paid,,im not gana pay a bit a week cuz they still charge me even if i try to pay a little bit.i hate them..my mother inlaw is switching banks too.. they hold her direct deposit for two days after her payday.. my bank gives us ours at 12:01 on that day... its crazy
    mommy2ys

Answer by mommy2ys at 1:19 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• had BOA, HATED IT!!!! Try ING. I LOVE them!!! They have overdraft proctection up to 500$ and you don't get charged a fee for using it, just interest! LOVE ING! (Only hard part is you don't get paper checks tho they do let you send checks from online to anyone you want)
    KatieP.

Answer by KatieP. at 1:32 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• B of A has the lowest rated customer service in the industry. You are much better off using a neighborhood, community bank.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:38 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Our Credit card got bought by BOA. So we considered using them for a savings account. When the lady spent way too much time explaining the FDIC we got suspicious and went elsewhere. Still have the credit card. Their financial status is very shaky.

Anonymous