Is a 3 year old to big for a stroller???

I LOVE to go walking and I had a double stroller for my 2 kids, but my 3 year old could only fit in the front which made it HARD to push because of the weight. I don't want him having to much freedom to run around so what do I do with him???

Juicy_Mom_of_2

Asked by Juicy_Mom_of_2 at 1:49 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Get a stroller big enough for the 3 year old and carry the younger one in a carrier.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:51 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• heck no i am buying a sit and stand for my 2 and almost 5 year old. I want to walk fast and they do not lol so it works but those strollers (sit and stands) work well for older kids as well
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 1:52 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I have gone thru 2 sit n stands lol!! I could fit my baby in the front and my 2 older kids in the back! They are great :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 1:56 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• My 4 tear old is still in a stroller at certain times, because he is Autistic and a runner. Even if he were a typical child, I might still do it, simply because little legs can't keep up.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:11 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I have that problem, but need a new stroller because mine sucks!!! lol Most of the time my older one walks. If she don't want to I have to carry the baby bjorn 4 the 6 month old, and push the other 2 in the double stroller.
    YeahHer

Answer by YeahHer at 3:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Can you get a different stroller? You can get the kind that you can put behind a bike or push when you run? I think they are called buggers? They are great!! They would have room for both of your children and they are so easy to push. I had one where I could put an infant carseat on one side and a 4 year old next to it. They are a little spendy but I highly recommend it.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 5:23 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• At 3, you can teach him how to appropriately run around. My 2 year old no longer uses a stroller, and hasn't for a while. we used a wrist leash initially for safety, if we were near cars. I know, the horror! I know people think leashes are only for animals, but strollers are just glorified pet taxis, so there is no difference in my mind! Now, she keeps with us on walks, or runs slightly ahead. Never into the street. SHe stops about 10 feet before each street and screams "wait for mommy so cars don't squish annabel!" It's a tad bit embarassing.

Now, if we were going to the zoo, I would use a sit and stand so she could take breaks. But she runs, mostly. She'll sit down occassionally, but hops back up in 2 minutes.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 7:07 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• My son usually wants to walk,BUT if we're going long distances,or if we're somewhere crowded I still put him in an umbrella stroller. Little legs can get tired really easily,and an umbrella stroller is really convenient,and they have plenty of room because theyre not "enclosed" by a tray or nothing. Ive seen kids even older than my son in strollers so I don't see any problem with using strollers still!
    dakotasmommy06

Answer by dakotasmommy06 at 7:33 AM on Nov. 12, 2009

• No, I don't think 3 is too big for a stroller. My son is 3 1/2 and we still use a stroller when we go to places like the zoo, mall, or somewhere where's there's going to be big crowds and we want to keep him safe. He doesn't ride in the stroller the entire time, but we still take it. When we go for walks around the neighborhood, he likes to ride his bicycle so we don't use the stroller for that anymore.

ZacsMom

Answer by ZacsMom at 12:50 PM on Nov. 12, 2009

• apexmommy:

Really?!? A stroller is just a glorified pet taxi?!? I guess you needed to come up with that to make yourself feel better when people would look at you with your daughter on a leash. If you want to use a child restraint, go ahead but at least be proud of it. Don't try to make excuses for it.
    Anonymous