When you breastfeed do you cover up?

I hate it and my daughter hates it, but DH doesn't want anyone to see my breast. Even when I am at home and we have company he likes me to go in another room or cover up.

Juicy_Mom_of_2

Asked by Juicy_Mom_of_2 at 1:50 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• personally i did cover up when we have company over or when i am in public. now my son is 2 and doesn't nurse often enough for it to be an issue. i think it should be what mom and baby are comfortable with.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 1:52 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• home with family (dh and the kids) I didn't.

but if there were guests over I'd cover up to respect them - or just leave the room.

in public always covered up.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 1:52 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I did in the beginning when I wasn't' used to it...then DD had other plans didn't like the coverup. At about 4 months, I quit covering. A breast is a natural part of life. If you have company, and it bothers them, then they need to go into another room or turn their head. I will not leave the couch (or whereever I am sitting) just to make them comfortable in my own house. My family never minded anyway. Your DH needs to get over it...those people aren't oogling your tits. Or if they are, they are not good company.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:53 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• No. If you are wearing the right clothes no one can see anything.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:54 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

in public always covered up.

This is exactly what I do as well.
    Anonymous

• I never cover up, you can breastfeed without a cover and still not show your breasts off ;)

Here is a picture of me nursing my son at the Aquarium on his first birthday.

Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 1:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• at first, yes. i didn't want everyone seeing my boobs. but whe my baby gets hungry, i don't care where we are or who sees it, my baby is going to eat!!!! :)
    imamami05

Answer by imamami05 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• No never. My mother used to get so upset. She would prefer I gave them a bottle rather than nurse and not cover. But I see no reason to smother a child just because they are hungry. If someone has an issue with my boob, they don't have to look.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:15 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• In the privacy of my own home, no.

If we had company, I went to another room or covered out of respect for my guests. (also if I was at someone else's house)

If in public, I found a secluded spot (not a bathroom) or covered.

There is absolutely no reason for anyone else to see my breasts.
    Anonymous

• No. No one sees my breast when I breastfeed. I latch her a bit under my shirt, then pull it up so it's resting on her mouth.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 2:27 PM on Nov. 11, 2009