this is more of a comment not a question about employees at walmart cuz so many of you complain!!

I work at walmart and have for 6 months as a cashier. people complain we're grouchy or rude. Think about this are you aware of the way walmart treats their employees? If a customer makes a ridiculous complaint we get yelled at if we leave our register to show you where something is we get yelled at but yet there are no other jobs out there if there was walmart wouldn't have employees it's no win thing we live by ridiculous policies they have. I got yelled at the other day by my supervisor because I didn't ask a lady if she wanted to apply for a credit card after she had just told me she lost everything in a fire they didn't give a damn it's not us that's rude it's policies that make us rude. we're not appreciated at all by management we're never told that we make $9 per hour to be treated like crap would you not be grouchy? we have ridiculous customers who are rude to us sure that don't make our day ppl!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Remember that you are lucky to have a job and make $9 an hour.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:59 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I have never found the employees at Walmart to be rude. They are very courteous and friendly.

I am sorry that your are unhappy with your job. I am also unhappy at mine because of the way my supervisors treat me. But that's another story.

Answer by Bmat at 2:01 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• to have ppl be rude to you isn't worth being lucky:) Not worth it at all
    Anonymous

• I agree with Gailll. My hubby was out of work for 5 months, that was REALLY hard. I know wal mart isn't that great, but be thankful you have a boss to yell at you. Even though it is hard
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 2:02 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Then get out of customer service. If there are no other jobs anywhere, deal with it and serve those customers with a smile! I worked in customer service for years, in casino restaurants and I always had to be nice and friendly, even if the customers took their anger out on me for blowing all their money in the casino. Sure I got grouchy but guess what? I smiled and dealt with it because I needed that paycheck! Just because my pay sucked and the customers sucked, I didn't feel like that gave me an excuse to be an ass.

Anonymous

• This is why I went to college so i don't have to deal with this for the rest of my life.
    Anonymous

• I agree with everyone else. Be happy you have a job. No matter what kind of customer service job you have you're going to have rude customers. You cant complain at every job you have. What are you going to do if they happen to fire you? You are going to complain you dont have a job anymore. Your the type thats obviously not happy with what you have. Either suck it up cause its a paycheck or leave and deal with being jobless in this horrible economy!!! I really cant stand hearing people complaining about thier jobs.
    ILovemyson1020

Answer by ILovemyson1020 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• The OP is right here - - walmart is providing her with a much needed job, but that by no means gives them the right to treat her or any other employee like junk. No boss should be able to do that. And no employee should be told that they are lucky because they have a boss that does that. While there may not be much recourse for the OP, she wasn't asking for advice on that. She was venting about her job. Wouldn't we rather her do that here than in front of a customer??
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• Here is an idea - fight against a horrible employer if it's that bad. Or look for another job. You might even have to look in another town. That is what we did. My family is three hours away and I almost never see them. I don't go to WM and treat their employees like dirt because their awful store is about the only choice I have in this godforsaken town. I don't go to that lousy store to spend our hard earned money to be treated like crap by a cashier who should be thrilled she has a job. It's partly because of customer service like what you apparently give, with the excuse that your boss is not nice to you so you are going to be nasty and pass it on, mature of you, BTW, that we rarely step foot in there. The rest would be high prices for bad merchandise, empty shelves and the fact that they apparently have no idea how to clean the store.
    Anonymous

• The fact of the matter is, your job is customer service. I don't care if you hate your job or how shitty the management treats you, your job is to say "Hello", smile, be friendly, TELL ME MY TOTAL IN WORDS not fling the window around to face me, put out your hand and collect my money, give my change back, smile again and say "Thank you for shopping at Wal Mart, have a nice day!".

If you cannot do that, you should not be in Customer Service.

I've had jobs that required MORE than that of me and paid less. I did my job to the best of my ability and with a smile. I saved my pissing and moaning for the break room and after work.
    Anonymous