ran out of dishwasher det.

Is there any thing I could use around the house. I ran out of dishwasher det.

heidi707

Asked by heidi707 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 11, 2009 in Home & Garden

• borax powder is best
    baking soda can help a little
    most detergents foam and spill out the sides.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:16 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• I googled and saw to add a half cup of vinegar. But I remember reading a while back that there may be enough residue from dishwashing detergent to run a load anyway.

Answer by Bmat at 2:20 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• use not more than two small drops of hand dishwashing detergent or laundry detergent - not more than two small drops even 1 directly in the diswasher detergent cup. Hand kitchen dish detergent is very thick so one drop maybe two is good enough. Laundry clothes detergent is thin so two small drops could work better from that than 1 small drop.

If you're outta that too and outta what first responder suggests then at least send through heavy duty high temp wash and dry. Then rewash when you get detergent.

At least ants won't be attracted to dirty dishes sitting in the diswasher for a while.
    lfl

Answer by lfl at 2:21 PM on Nov. 11, 2009

• thanks girls
    heidi707

Answer by heidi707 at 2:24 PM on Nov. 11, 2009